A Manager's obligations when managing airborne contaminants
Key topics covered:
- What are ‘airborne contaminants’?
- Asbestos - what is the risk?
- Legal obligations related to management of asbestos
- How to manage and control asbestos in the workplace – asbestos management plan and register
- Demolition and refurbishment work requirements
- Asbestos Health monitoring – to whom it applies
- Silica - what is the risk?
- Legal obligations related to management of silica related work
- What is the workplace exposure standard for respirable crystalline silica and how to monitor it
- How to manage and control exposure to silica dust in the workplace
Participants will gain an understanding of airborne contaminants in the civil industry, what the risks are, and how they are managed.
Who Should Attend
All employees present on a civil construction site
None , but prior attendance to course P0234 is recommended