A Site Manager’s Role in Implementing a WHS Site Management Plan
Key topics covered:
This course will explain the Site Manager’s role & responsibility in implementing the WHS site management plan including:
- The purpose of the SMP, and how it fits into the project plan
- Legal obligations
- Organising Induction of employees, subcontractors , visitors
- Organising drafting and enforcement of site rules & SWMS’s
- Driving development of site traffic management and signage
- Holding regular communication to employees and subcontractors
- Reporting notifiable incidents to “manager of managers"
- Enforcing incident reporting and coordinating significant incident investigations
- Coordinating training needs analysis and following up on training to employees
At the end of the course, the participant will understand his/ her WHS obligations and role in the implementation of the WHS site management plan.
Who Should Attend
Contract / project / commercial managers with at 3-6 years experience
None, but we recommend either P0234 or P0235