Managing Managers to Control Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace Effectiv
Key topics covered:
This course focuses on what actions a manager of managers/supervisors needs to do to ensure the organisation correctly addresses the risk of drugs and alcohol in the workplace. Content includes:
- Understanding obligations of employers & employees in preventing harm/risk
- Understanding use vs misuse and legal vs illicit drugs
- Impact of drugs and alcohol on business: legal risks, unfair dismissal claims, cost blowouts, project delays, absences, turnover
- Why you need to monitor supervisors & leading hands on how they are managing this issue
- Managing to and within a company’s policy
- Employment decisions & connection to industrial relations
- Strategies and performance triggers to manage supervisors and managers that report to you.
Participants will gain a perspective of the importance to the business of D&A being managed appropriately in the workplace. They will learn skills to manage the managers and supervisors that report to them.
Who Should Attend
Managers of other managers or supervisors