Underground Services – A Site Manager’s guide to Managing the Risk
Key topics covered:
This course will introduce the participant to the key risks and issues relating to underground services in NSW, and how they are managed in the field by the new supervisor, manager and engineer. It will include:
- The law in NSW, and obligations of contractors in regards to underground assets
- The role of DBYD
- The risks involved
- What are the triggers for underground asset checks?
- How is a check properly done, and when should it be done?
- Reading and interpreting plans
- Ensuring the team knows what to do, and when
This entry level course will aid participants to understand the law in NSW in regard to underground assets, and what their obligation is on a site. The participant will be explained the nature of the risks involved and what the correct steps are to meet the law and manage these risks. The participant will understand what they need to do with respect to managing a team on site.
Who Should Attend
Leading hands, site supervisors, engineers and managers with typically up to 3 years of experience.