Underground Services – Understanding plans from a manager’s perspective
Key topics covered:
This course will cover the different types of underground asset plans that are available in NSW, and how they are obtained. The course will include practical examples to explain how to read these plans. It will include:
- The law in NSW, and obligations of contractors, in regard to underground assets
- The role of DBYD
- What are the triggers for underground asset checks?
- Importance of plans on site
- The types of plans available
- How and when plans can be obtained?
- Reading and interpreting plans
- Limitations of the plans
- Digital vs hard copy plans
- Accuracy of plans
- Ensuring the team knows what to do, and when
This course will allow participants to understand the different types of underground asset plans that are available. The participant will gain an understanding of the law in NSW in regard to underground assets, what their obligations as a manger are on a site, and the role of DBYD. The participant will understand what they need to do with respect to managing a team on site.
Who Should Attend
Leading hands, site supervisors, engineers and managers with typically 3 to 7 years of experience.