A detailed guide to Waste Management and Risk to the Project
Key topics covered:
The objective of the training would be to provide a good understanding of contaminated land and waste framework, including information on the types of contamination, waste classes and WHS requirements. The course will provide detailed explanation of the processes taken during assessment of contaminated land and waste management and provide strategic options and solutions when planning and undertaking bulk earthworks.
- Common types of contamination in urban areas
- Legislative framework and requirements regarding contaminated land and waste (CLM Act, POEO, SEPP 55)
- WHS and Environmental Requirements
- The importance of strategy and planning when undertaking bulk earthworks in contaminated land
- Commercial impacts of material segregation and waste classification
- Common mistakes and lessons learnt
The attendees will learn of commercial impacts of material segregation, and how commercial risks can be mitigated through proven waste controls, processes and techniques.
Who Should Attend
Supervisors/ Engineers, Commercial managers, project managers, Experienced civil managers with more than 5 years industry experience