Estimating (2): Key risk and opportunities in interpreting a response to a Civil Construction specification
Key topics covered:
This session builds on the attendees existing Estimating and Tendering knowledge. With a strong focus on attention to detail, we look at solutions and systems to ensure the estimating team is efficient, productive and accurate.
Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of:
· the importance and the opportunities that accurate estimating provides.
· Identifying and assessing risk within the project
· Identifying and assessing opportunities within the project
· Managing uncertainties
· Tender analysis
· Payment mechanisms and cashflow forecasts
· Computer applications for estimating
Participants will gain an understanding of how their role can impact margins and profits. Learn methods to maximise the organisations financial performance, and ensure estimates are well considered. Develop comparisons between pre contract estimates and risk analysis compared to actual cost performance.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is part of the estimating process or wishes to understand civil estimating.
No - Participants should have experience in estimating and tendering. We recommend B0417 Estimating fundamentals be undertaken prior.