Leadership can be taught - The fundamentals and mindset of Leadership - Fundamentals
Key topics covered:
The key topics covered in this short course include:
- Defining ‘leadership’
- The difference between leadership and management
- The difference between good and bad leadership
- When does a manager start being a leader?
- Leading with emotional intelligence
- Leading to achieve objectives
- Leaders are also followers – how to reconcile following instructions
It will also include learning how to display good leadership behaviours:
- Preparing for and embracing change
- Deal with complexities
- Be proactive not reactive
- Plan and think about the big picture
This short course will equip managers to understand what leadership is, what their own leadership mindset is and how that impacts and influences the people in their team.
At the completion of this course you will be able to differentiate the relationship between your mindset and behaviour and how they impact on getting the desired results.
Who Should Attend
This level of the structured learning is intended for experienced civil managers with more than 6-12 years industry experience