WHS Obligations of Officers and Directors: The essential duties, and their impact on behaviours, of all people Managers
Key topics covered:
How the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 impacts all people managers within a Civil organisation.
Understanding and interpreting the Work Health and Safety Act –
- Principles that apply to duties
- What is reasonably practicable
- What is Primary Duty of Care
- Further Duties of PCBU
- Offences and Penalties
- Incidents notifications
How the Work Health and Safety Act is impacts on organisational behaviours;
- Consultation, cooperation and coordination between duty holders
- Health and Safety representatives
- Right to cease work and issue resolution
- WHS entry permits and Inspectors
- Notices and enforcement measures
- WHS civil penalty provisions
Learning outcomes: Participants will develop knowledge on their organisational requirements relating to WHS. This includes a focus on understanding how WHS impacts directors and officers - their legal obligations, potential offences and penalties. Actionable outcomes include understanding how to develop behaviours and a culture of safety while ensuring compliance with the Work Health and Safety Act.
Note: This course is currently run on demand and has no scheduled dates. Please submit an Expression of Interest using the form below, and we will be in contact with you with further information.
Who Should Attend
All senior people managers with a civil organisation. Note attendance is not limited to Directors and Officers, the actions of all leaders impact the organisations WHS obligations.
None, but we recommend undertaking P0238 prior