WHS Management for Leaders - What you need to know
The ability to manage a team is a valuable skillset. Having the ability to both understand and implement an effective WHS plan reduces risks on site, as well as ensures you comply with legal obligations and requirements.
This course is designed for new managers & supervisors, as well as experienced leaders wishing to ensure their knowledge is current.
- Legal obligations and responsibilities
- Workplace health and safety compliance requirements
- Hazards and Risks Management
- SWMS and their role in reducing incidents/ accidents – the role of a manager
- WHS management systems and WHS management plans
- WHS consultation with employees
- Doing inductions
- Managing incidents, accidents and near misses / assisting in incident investigations
- Emergency preparedness and response
The attendee will gain a practical understanding of their WHS obligations.
Based on the current WHS act and regulations, this course provides participants with an understanding of their obligations and responsibilities.
Who Should Attend