A manager's guide to bulk earthworks regarding contaminated land and was
Key topics covered:
- The objective of the training is to provide basic contaminated land understanding, including common types of contamination and waste classes, WHS requirements, and introduction to the legislative framework.
- Content includes:
- Introduction to the Common types of contamination in urban areas
- Introduction to the Legislative framework regarding contaminated land and waste (CLM Act & POEO)
- Introduction to the WHS and Environmental Requirements when undertaking bulk earthworks
- Waste classification guidelines in NSW
- On site Waste segregation and waste management
- Signage and delineation
- Record keeping and waste tracking – how this impacts closure/sign off
- Overview to commercial impacts of material segregation and waste classification
- Common mistakes and lessons learnt
The course will provide detail into the processes taken during assessment of contaminated land and waste management and provide an overview to strategic options and solutions when planning and undertaking bulk earthworks. The attendees will learn of the commercial impacts of material segregation, on site spoil management options and solutions, WHS and environmental monitoring requirements, record keeping and waste tracking requirements.
Who Should Attend
Leading Hands, Supervisors/Engineers, Commercial Managers, Project personnel and managers, and business owners